Creating Security Users
Security Users are accounts you create for anyone requiring access to your database. The Security User provides access for the user to log in to the application and the role(s) assigned provide the appropriate access in the application for users to perform the tasks related to their role(s) within the organization.
Note: To create security users, you must have the Admin Security Role (system) or a custom role with equivalent security access.
To create the new user
- Do one of the following:
- Single community: Admin > Setup > Security Users.
- Single community: Admin > Manage Users.
- Multi-community: Management Console > Standards > Financial Management > Security Users.
- Click New.
- Complete the fields as required.
- Click Save & Next to assign the role(s) to the user
To assign role(s) to the user
- Select the Roles.
- Click Save.
After you create the user, you:
- Are directed to assign roles and collection groups. You can assign roles and collections groups immediately or later.
- Have options in the user list to:
- Provide access to facilities.
- Disable the user. After you disable a user, some options are no longer available, and the option enable appears.
- Reset the user's password by clicking pwd.
- Set up a new Physical ID and Digipass Serial # for secondary authentication by clicking 2nd-factor.
- Can activate Emergency Access. For more information, see Activating and Deactivating Emergency Access.